Wednesday 1 February 2017

Primark PS Pro Oval Brushes Review


For the longest time now I wanted to try some oval brushes as I've heard great things about them, especially the Artis ones. The thing is, I've been using a beauty blender for so long, I don't know how I would cope going from a sponge to a brush. I also didn't really want to pay out for something that I'm not even sure I will like. So I had a look around and I saw Make Up Revolution did some at a decent price but, when I went to buy some they had sold out. I took this as a sign from the make up gods to just forget about it. But on a recent trip to Primark, I found some oval brushes in there PS Pro range, and I couldn't argue with the price so I grab one of each size they had in store. 
I believe the PS Pro range is the better quality of Primarks beauty range. I will be honest I don't really have high expectations for these brushes as I've bought some in the past from Primark and they have never really worked for me or wowed me. These brushes are smaller than some of the oval brushes I've seen which I like cause I'm not really sure how the big ones cover the whole face especially around areas like the nose. Also I don't know if Primark do any other sizes, these are the ones my local Primark had in stock. 
All these brushes have dense bristles and black plastic handles. It says high definition result  suitable for liquid and powder on the package so I assume that is what they claim from these brushes. So I will talk through each brush individually and give my views on each one. 

Small

Price: £2.50 - £3.00 

So this is the smallest of the 3, I tested this out on concealer, mainly under my eyes. It didn't do a bad job, but I felt it just moved the concealer around and not set it in the skin like a beauty blender does and I need full coverage on my dark circles. I won't use this again for concealer but I think it could be good possibly for a contour especially if you have a small face. Personally for me, it is not narrow enough for a nose contour. 

Medium 

£3.50

The medium brush I tested out on contouring. I'll be honest I am no contouring expert and having the same skin shade as a ghost, it's not the easiest for me. It applied the product evenly and blended the product well, without making it look patchy and horrible. I was pleasantly surprised on how well it worked, especially on carving out my cheekbones. 


Large 

£4.00

Out of the 3 brushes I used, this is my favourite. I used it for applying my foundation and I have to say I was so impressed. It applied my foundation evenly and made it look flawless like a beauty blender would. I used the same amount of product I would when using a beauty blender and the foundation covered my whole face. This is going to be my go to foundation brush when I'm in a rush (really didn't mean for that to rhyme) or if I am too lazy to dampen my beauty blender. The only flaw with this is the neck is a bit flimsy so you need to place your finger on the back of the brush to make it more stable. 

Overview

All these brushes are all easy to use and you can't argue with the prices. I said I didn't have high expectations of these brushes but they have really impressed me and showed me that just cause it's not a label with a big price tag, doesn't mean that it is going to be a terrible product. The only flaw with these is I just think the neck on these brushes need to be stronger and maybe different sizes and shapes of these brushes if there aren't any. If anyone knows if they do more sizes and shapes please let me know. 

Would you recommend these products?

Hell yes I would! For the price they do an amazing job, especially the large brush. They are perfect if you are just like me and just want to try out oval brushes or you want to save some pennies. If these are the quality of products Primark are bringing out these days, I am going to have to test out some of there other products.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig