Sunday 15 October 2017

Primark PS Master Eye Palette - Mac Dupe?

Price:£6.00 each Available at Primark

If you know me, then you would know that I adore a good eye shadow palette. On a recent trip to Primark, I found these two palettes which from a glance reminded me of some Mac palettes. If these shadows are good enough, a eye shadow palette with 12 shadows for £6.00 is a absolute bargain in my eyes. I also thought they had some really lovely shades that would be great for autumnal looks and some party looks. I have had a play with these palettes and wanted to share my thoughts with you on them.

Palette One


Neither of the palettes have a name, so I am calling this one palette one and the other palette two. The first palette has 3 mattes and 9 shimmers, the shades are more warm, neutral and golden shades. I also love this palette has a matte black shadow, so if you need to darken a look it can be done with the black. The shadows themselves feel quite soft on first touch.

Swatches of the shadows

From the image above you can see that from the swatches they have great pigment especially the shimmer shades. They feel pretty nice as well and not chalky. The real test though is how well do they apply to the eyes and how they look on the eyes.


Above is a look I created with the shadows. I used 6 shades as I tried to use as many shadows as I could and for the look above, so that I can give a fair review on the shadows. The mattes blended quite easily and I didn't used a damp brush when applying the shimmer shades, which I am pretty happy with. Overall I really like palette and how the shadows worked.

Palette two


This is the second palette as you can see it has more warmer colours, with pinks, purple and reds. In this palette you get 7 mattes and 5 shimmers, which I actually prefer to the other palette. I like palettes with more matte shades than shimmer shades as I feel you can create more different looks for different occasions. 

Swatches of the shadows

The image above shows my swatches of the palette and as you can see they swatch pretty much the same as the first palette. So hopefully they should work just as well on the eye as the first palette.


Above is the look I created with this second palette and I used 4 - 5 shades for this look. These shadows worked just as well as the first palette and seem to have the same formula, which I expected. I actually like this palette more than the first one as I like the colours more and I feel I will be using it more this Autumn time. 

Final Thoughts

Overall for £6.00 I actually really think this palettes are great. I've bought high end palettes in the past that don't work as well as these. If I am honest I wasn't expecting these palettes to be as good as they were, but I think it just goes to show that the PS beauty range at Primark is improving. I am looking forward to what the Primark brings out in the future in there beauty range and if they bring out more versions of these palettes. 
Will you be buying any of these palettes? If so which one? Let me know in the comments.


SHARE:

1 comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig