Tuesday 30 May 2017

Urban Decay Naked Palette £4 Dupe!?!?!


Hi everyone, recently I discovered a few news articles on a palette that is a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette and only cost £4 from Primark. If you follow me on Instagram you will know that I recently bought the Naked Palette. So I wanted to see if what the news articles are saying are true and find a good dupe for the Naked Palette for those of you, who maybe can't afford the Urban Decay palette or just looking for a good bargain.

Urban Decay Naked Palette


Price:£39.50 Available at: Urban DecayDebenhamsFeel UniqueJohn Lewis & House Of Fraser

This palette has revolutionised neutrals. I feel if you are a true makeup fan or collector you either have or had this palette. It has a velvet case and comes with a mirror and a duo end brush. There are 12 shades that are a mixture of matte, satin, shimmer and sparkle textures. 

Primark PS Bronze Shadow and Shade Palette


Price:£4 Available at: Primark

This is the palette the news has been talking about. I won't say much about the palette here but more when I am comparing it the the Naked Palette. This palette only has 10 shades in a mixture of matte and shimmer. It comes in matte and metallic cardboard packaging with no mirror or brush. 

Packaging and Layout



As you can see from the image above, they have very similar layout and packaging. The shadows in the Bronze Palette are longer than the Naked Palette, but there are less of them (Naked has 12 shadows and Bronze has 10 shadows) and the Naked Palette is thicker than the Bronze Palette. The Bronze Palette doesn't have a mirror nor brush. They both have the name of the palette inside that is pretty large font. The Naked Palette has the names of the shadows underneath the actual shadow which I actually like unlike the Bronze Palette which comes on a plastic sheet protecting the shadows that you can throw away. 
The outside packaging of the Naked Palette has a velvet coat which I don't mind but I know some people won't like. The Bronze Palette has just a sort of matte/metallic coat, which I again I don't mind, especially for the price. 

Swatches and Textures



The image above shows the swatches of both palettes and as you can see both palettes swatched really well. The Naked Palette I think was a tiny bit more pigmented but the Bronze Palette has actually impressed me with the swatches especially for £4. 
The Naked Palette as many of you may know, the shadows feel so smooth and creamy when you swatch them. But what of the Bronze Palette? The Bronze Palette is pretty smooth and a bit creamy but not quite like the Naked Palette I must admit. I would say the shimmer shades are a bit more smoother than the mattes in the Bronze Palette. 
The shades from both palettes I can see several looks that can be created. The only thing I'm not sure about is the blue in the Bronze Palette, it just seems a bit odd for that shade of blue in a palette that is called Bronze to me.

Application 



The image above shows two similar I looks I created using both palettes. 
For the Naked Palette look I used the shades:
  • Buck
  • Naked
  • Half Baked
  • Creep
  • Sin
For the Bronze Palette look I used the shades:
  • Day Trip
  • Desert Dream
  • Sunseeker
  • Charcoal
  • White Sands
I tried to use the shades that looked very similar in both palettes to give them a fair test and as you can see they both applied very similar. The Bronze Palette has a more of a bronze/orange tone whereas the Naked Palette has more of a golden tone. They both give a great look and have good pigmentation. The Bronze Palette needed a little bit more work when blending. But for this look I actually like the colour of the Bronze Palette more as I think they go better with my eye colour.
The only issue I had with this was the fallout from the Bronze Palette, there was so much of it, so just be careful if you get this palette when you use it.

Other Information

Both palettes use similar ingredients and both have a 24 month expiration date. The Bronze Palette shadows weigh 2g and the Naked Palette shadows weigh 1.3g so you are getting more of each shade in the Bronze Palette but you do get two extra shades in the Naked Palette. 

Final Thoughts



Well I have to say the Bronze Palette is a pretty good dupe for the Naked Palette. I would say the News articles are true. If you are saving money or can't afford the Naked Palette I highly recommend you get the Bronze Palette. The only main issue I had with the Bronze Palette was how much fallout you get. For £4 it is a absolute bargain, and you save yourself £35.50! It's not 100% exactly like the Naked palette but it comes pretty close.  
I also have to say Primark are really stepping up with there makeup range this year, I can't wait to see what I will get my hands on next to share with you all.



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig