Wednesday 22 March 2017

L'Oréal Limited Edition Beauty and the Beast

Lipstick Price: €9.99 Available at Amazon Italy

Nail Polish Price: €6.99 Available at Amazon Italy


I've been wanting to share these with you all for ages, but I wanted to wait until I saw the movie first. I loved the movie, I thought it was brilliant and I think this is how Disney should do all the remakes of there animated films. I would recommend everyone to go and see it.
Lets get back on topic now with the makeup. Back in February L'Oréal released a limited edition Beauty and the Beast lipstick and nail varnish collection. Which everyone was super excited for but the downside was, it was only available in Italy. Which I don't really understand why if anything I thought they would maybe make it exclusive to France as that's were Beauty and the Beast is set. The complete set is no longer available but you can buy individual items on amazon Italy but bare in mind you may have to pay extra for postage and any custom charges. There are some for sale on eBay but they are super expensive on there. But I will be doing a giveaway on Instagram for four lucky people to win a brand new lipstick.
When I first saw the collection I fell in love with it and knew I had have it if not some of the items. When I looked more into it there was only certain ones I wanted as they were shades I liked and can see me actually wearing. So the lipstick shades I got were The Rose (335 Carmin St Germain), Belle (377 Perfect Red), Beast (703 Oud Obsession) and Lumiere (231 Sepia Silk). The nail polish shades I got were Belle (550 Rouge Sauvage) and Beast (668 Blue Royal).

(Left to Right: The Rose, Belle, Beast and Lumiere)

I have a confession and this might sound crazy but, I have never tried L'Oréal lipsticks before, so this is also a bit of a first impressions for me. Well lets start with the packaging and lets be honest, this is what this collection is mainly about. I think each one is beautiful, my favourite is The Rose, though Beast is a close second. They all represent there associated character well. The Rose and Belle both have a soft velvet material on them with foil pattern/images on them. Lumiere has a plastic cover that has a sort of raised pattern on and I like for the melting candle wax they put the lipstick shade instead of white. Beast has a fabric on but not as soft as Belle or The Rose and has foil scratch marks. 

(Left to Right: The Rose, Belle, Beast and Lumiere)

The lipsticks are actually from L'Oréal Color Riche collection. They all have great pigment though I didn't get to see it much on my lips with Lumiere as it is very close to my actual lip colour but it did when I swatch it. They have a creamy formula and applied smoothly to the lips. I would say they give a satin finish rather than matte or gloss finish. They do have quite a strong scent to them and the scent does disappear but I can imagine there are some of you that won't like the strong scent when applying.

(Left to Right: Belle and Beast)

I will be honest, I was more interested in the lipsticks rather than the nail polishes. But I really loved the shade of Beast and I don't actually own a red nail polish so I decided to get Belle as well (plus I didn't want Beast to be alone). The handles are the same as the packaging for the lipsticks, which I love. I've not testing the actual nail polish formula yet but once I do I will share my thoughts on them.


Overall this collection is perfect for any Beauty and the Beast fans out there. With the hype being over the packaging the actual products themselves are actually pretty good. There are some items still available on amazon Italy. But if you don't want to pay out I will be doing a giveaway on my Instagram for a chance for 4 of you to win a brand new lipstick. 

Is there a shade you love? Or was there any characters you wish they included? 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig