Sunday 29 January 2017

Love Me Beauty Review

Love me Beauty Review Featuring Kat Von D and Make up Forever✨



While adventuring through that Internet recently, I discovered lovemebeauty.com. It is a monthly subscription website where you can pick and choose the items you want. Which I love the idea of as when I do these monthly subscription sites I always end up with stuff I really don't like or have no interest in. 
All you do is sign up and you will be asked a few questions on your beauty interests and you will be given 60 credits to use to pick items that tickle your fancy, You can buy more credits if you have difficulty picking like I did. Then once you picked your items pop over to the check out and it will be sent to you in a cute make up bag. Oh and did I mention this only cost £10 a month? Such a bargain in my opinion.

The Products


So for mine I picked Kat Von D's studded kiss lipstick in magick and the ink liner, as I adore Kat Von D Beauty. I also got Make up forever's ultra HD loose powder and pressed powder as I have to confess I have never tried anything from Make up forever and I've always wanted to.

Kat Von D

                           

So lets begin with Kat Von D's studded kiss lipstick. I've never bought or owned any of the studded kiss lipsticks but I have quite a collection of the everlasting liquid lipsticks and I love them and can not wait for the new shades! So the packaging, I love! It's different from other lipsticks I own and doesn't feel cheap or that it is going to fall apart. One of the reason's I love this brand is for its packaging it just catches my eye and draws me in. The actual lipstick itself feels very comfortable and light, I did at one point forget I had it on, it does last well and it applies easily and is not patchy. I noticed in this lipstick there is little bits of glitter which is really cute and not to over the top. The colour itself is lovely and well pigmented, it would be a great colour for a everyday look. It is a product I could see myself using a lot and personally now I want to do a big shopping spree on Debenhams and buy a lot more of these. 


The tattoo liner is my favourite liner, to me it is a must have for every beauty and make up fan out there. So when I saw the ink liner was a option I actually paid extra so I could try this one out and see how it works compared to the tattoo liner. The difference between the tattoo liner and ink liner is that the ink liner is a felt tip applicator while the tattoo liner is more like a brush with its bristles. The ink liner comes in a few different colours, I have trooper which is a black. The colour is very pigmented which is what I like when I want to create a dramatic winged eye. It applies well though I found it a little difficult to create a thinner line but its great for thick bold lines. It stays really well and lasted all day for me. I honestly do love this product but it just doesn't top the tattoo liner.

Make Up Forever

Now onto the make up forever products, which I am so excited to try. So first lets start with the ultra HD loose powder. The packaging is clean and simple and to be honest that wouldn't catch my eye but really its what the product inside that counts. So I tested this on setting my concealer under my eyes. It is a translucent powder  I found it easy to get out of the pot and to apply, it feels light on the skin and set my under eyes well. It lasted well through out the day. I also wanted to test something I had seen around on the Internet, when taking a photo with flash the powder apparently shows up in the picture. So I tested this rumour and I can sadly say it did show in the picture and it looked quite shocking to be honest. But overall it is a great product and I do like it but just don't wear it if you are going anywhere with flash photography. 

Now onto the pressed powder. I go away a lot and I like to have a good pressed powder in my make up bag when I go away as when I have loose I just make a huge mess and I find using loose powder is a bit more time consuming than pressed. So this is another translucent powder and to be honest on the size of this I wasn't sure if my brush was going to fit into it, (I know its only a sample size but I need to be able to actually sample the product). When I managed to get some product on, it set my foundation well and it worked pretty much the same as the loose powder. 

Would you recommend these products?

I would highly recommend lovemebeauty.com for those of you that want to try new products but don't want to pay out the big fat price tag. I can't wait for next months to test and try and I'll do a review on those products for you all. 
With the actual products I recommend them all. But with the ink liner I would recommend the tattoo liner instead as it's just an amazing product. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig