Sunday 19 February 2017

Too Faced x Kat Von D Better Together Review



Price: £18.00-£57.00 Available: Debenhams

Too Faced and Kat Von D have joined forces to create this beautiful limited edition collection inspired by friendship, love and a passion for makeup. Ever since this collection was announced, I have been so excited to get my hands on it. Living in the U.K I have had to wait that little bit longer, but the wait is finally over! 
I just love the idea behind the collection. There are 3 sets for this collection: Better Together-Ultimate Eye Collection, Better Together-Cheek and Lip Makeup Bag and Better Together-Bestselling Mascara and Liner Duo. I didn't purchase the mascara and liner duo and there are full sized ones with the eye collection. The item from this collection I was most excited about was the eye shadow palette. 


Better Together-Cheek and Lip Makeup Bag




Price: £33

I will be honest with you all, the main reason I bought this was for the makeup bag as it is super cute. One side you have Kat's cat Piaf and the other side is Jerrod's dog Clover. Even the little zipper has each brands logo on either sides, which I found a nice little touch. It's not a large bag but perfect for little bits to pop into your handbag when you are on the go. You get four mini makeup items with this set.


The first two mini's are from Too Faced which are Candlelight Glow Highlighting Powder Duo and Love Flush Long-Lasting Blush. On first appearance of these, the packaging reminds me of a kids toy. The packaging is just plastic and I find it kind of cheap, I've not used the full size of these items so I don't know really if the full sizes are like these. 
The blush itself is a pretty pink colour with a shimmer to it. It doesn't have a strong pigment but you can build the colour and is a lovely colour when applied to the apples of the cheeks.
The highlight duo first of all I love the candelabra image in the blush, I really didn't want to test it as I didn't want to ruin how pretty it looks. When I eventually used it, I like the colour of the highlight and is very pretty for a soft highlight. It's not the most blinding highlight but if you are someone that prefers and soft looking highlight, then this highlight is perfect for you. 


The other two mini's included are Kat Von D's Studded Kiss Lipstick in the shade Muse and Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade XO. I own plenty of the liquid lipsticks and there one of my favourites liquid lipsticks. So I'm not going to talk much about how much I love it as I've mentioned them before. So all I will say is XO is a dark pinky/redish colour and is also a colour I don't own. The studded kiss lipstick on the other hand I don't own many of but I love the packaging of these. The colour is a nude colour with a sort of shimmer/sheen to it. I can actually see me wearing this colour a lot. It applied well and feels comfortable on the lips. 

Better Together-Ultimate Eye Collection


Price: £57

This product is what I was so excited to try. It is a bit on the pricey side but it does comes with a full size Tattoo Liner and Better Than Sex Mascara. So you can do a complete eye look with the whole collection.


As I mentioned it comes with Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara and Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner. The mascara makes my lashes full and look longer but personally I prefer the waterproof version of the mascara. Don't get me wrong this is a good mascara and if you don't like waterproof mascaras then give this one a go, but I have always preferred waterproof mascara's. I also think the packaging for the waterproof version is brilliant. 
The Tattoo Liner on the other hand is my favourite liquid liner ever. It just applies a clean, neat, bold wing effortlessly. It is also waterproof and just lasts all day and doesn't wear off. When ever I get asked for a liquid liner I always recommend this one and I personally can't live without it. 


Now the most exciting item from the collection, well for me anyway. This eye palette is so cool, I love how you can pull them apart or put them together. I also love how both sides represents each brands look and both of the founders style. I think it is cute as there are little messages from Kat and Jerrod talking about there friendship and love and respect for each other. The packaging for me is just perfect. Also all the names of the shadows are somewhat linked to friendship.


Let's start with the Too Faced side. So the eye shadows are in heart shapes which is used in some of there eye shadow palettes. There are 2 matte shades and 4 shimmers, but no actual transition shade which is a little disappointing. My favourite shade is Friendspiration which is a golden shimmer shade. It applies so well and blends perfectly and just the perfect golden shimmer shade. All the shades feel smooth and creamy and all pretty much applied very well. 



This is an eye look a created with the Too Faced side. I used BFF all over as a base, I used Lovely in the crease. Friendspiration all over the lid and underneath the eye and I used Power Couple and Better Together lightly in the crease and on the outside of the lid. All the shadows blended well and were easy to apply.



Now on to the Kat Von D side. You get 3 mattes and 3 shimmers on this side but still no real matte transition side which is disappointing. My favourite is Swoon which is a beautiful red shimmer shade and has amazing pigment and is my favourite shadow from all 12 shades. All the shadows feels smooth and creamy just like the Too Faced side. 



This is the look I created with Kat's side. Seriously Swoon is just the perfect red for me, it is so easy to apply and the pigment is unbelievable. For this look I used Por Vida as a base and then when in with Yours in the crease. I applied a mixture of Darling and Lovestruck on the inner eyelid and applied Swoon in the middle and in the crease and under the eye. I also added a little of Devotion on the outside.


I wanted to create a look with both sides of the palette, trying to use as many colours as I could, so this is what I created. I used BFF as a base and I used Lovely in the crease. Friendspiration on the inner eye and underneath the eye. I used swoon on the middle and outer of the eye. I used better together, Yours and a dash of Devotion on the outside of the eye and crease.



Overall all I adore this palette. The colours are beautiful and blended like a dream. I only wish there was a transition shade to make it perfect. For being quite pricey it honestly doesn't bother me with especially how beautiful the shadows are and how well they work.

Would you recommend these items?

I would recommend the ultimate eye collection to anyone, whether they are new or old to the world of makeup. The shadows are beautiful colours and blend easily and you also get the best liquid liner in my opinion included and a good mascara. It may be a bit pricey but honestly I think it is worth the money. 
The cheek and lip makeup bag I think is a great way for trying out both brands with the mini's you get but I do think it is expensive for what is is. 
Out of the two sets I would recommend the eye collection without a doubt for the reasons I said.

Has anyone else tried these products? If so what do you think? Or are you thinking of getting them? I would love to know your thoughts. 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig