Sunday 26 February 2017

Kylie Cosmetics Valentine's Collection


Available at kyliecosmetics (some items are no longer available)

I'm a bit late to the game with this but I've only received these, this week. Kylie Cosmetics released a valentines makeup collection. There was quite a bit to this collection, there was two new lip kits, Kylie's dairy which was a eye shadow palette with her first 2 blushes. Mini liquid lipsticks and 3 mini kits that came with a mini matte liquid lipstick and gloss. 
I managed to get my hands on the mini liquid lipsticks and one of the mini eye shadow kits called Kiss Me. 



Mini Matte Liquid Lipsticks

Price: $36

When the collection was first announced this was the item I was most excited about. I already own one of the lip kits and I really like it and I wanted more colours to try. But the lip kits are not cheap and living in the U.K means I have to pay custom charges. So I thought these would be great to have a variety of colours without spending loads. You don't get the lip liners with it but I can live with that as I don't always line my lips. 
In this set you get 3 new shades, Apricot, High Maintenance and Head Over Heels as well as 3 classics, Maliboo, Posie K and Mary Jo K. They all have the same strong sweet vanilla cake smell to them just like the full size versions. I love the scent of them but I can understand how some people may not like the scent as it is strong.

(Left to Right: Apricot, Maliboo, High Maintenance, Posie K, Head Over Heels, Mary Jo K)

Lets firstly talk about the new shades. Apricot is a peachy nude colour and I can see how this is a popular colour and how it has been made a permanent shade. For me though, it is a shade that just doesn't look good on me as I think I am too pale for it. In fact this is my least favourite shade from this set, but I think it would look great on darker skin tones. It applied well and wasn't patchy and dried down to a matte finish. It feels comfortable on the lips, so comfortable in fact I forgot I was wearing it. 
High Maintenance is a dusty pink shade and is great if you want to create a cute girly look with your makeup. It applies the same and feels the same as Apricot and had no patchy areas. I don't mind this colour but it still not my favourite.
Head Over Heels is a beautiful deep plum shade and also has been made a permanent shade. I can see why it has been made permanent as it is my favourite shade from all the mini's. It feels the same as the others and with one coat it is patchy but with another coat it was fine for me. I think this would work better with a lip liner so I may end up buying the full size lip kit when my mini runs out. 
I did try the classic shades and they all have the same formula as the new ones and I really liked them especially Posie K. I don't want to talk or bore you with them too much as these shades have pretty much been reviewed over a million times. 


Kiss Me Mini Set

Price: $22

I've wanted to try Kylie's eye shadows for a while but I didn't want to spend out on a full palette and pay customs on something I may not like so, when I saw these mini sets and it came with a liquid lipstick and gloss, I thought they were perfect. There were 3 mini sets, Kiss Me, Smooch and Sweet Heart. I went for Kiss Me as I thought I could create a pretty day look with them.
Now as you can probably see in the picture above, one of my shadows arrived broken and I've tried to fix it and I am missing the gloss. Not going to lie I am pretty annoyed with this and I have emailed them about it, just waiting for a email back. So I can't give a full opinion on this product but I will try with what I got.




The mini matte liquid lipstick is in the shade dirty peach and has the same formula as the other liquid lipsticks. The gloss well, I can't say much as it never arrived. The matte shadow shade is Sweet Thing and the shimmer/glitter shade is Main Squeeze. I was pleasantly surprised with the pigments from the shadows especially Sweet Thing, I read the matte shades had great pigment but I didn't realise how much pigment they had till I tried this. Main Squeeze was the broken shadow and also the shadow I was most excited about. 


The image above shows the look I created with the shadows. I found the matte shade, Sweet Thing, easy to apply and blended beautifully. Main Squeeze I found I had to use my finger to apply to get it to show. But to be fair a lot of shimmer shadows from other brands I find they apply better with using my fingers. Overall I really like these shadows and I may buy one of the full size palettes in the future. 

Would I recommend these products?

First these actual products aren't available anymore but there are full size lip kits of some shades from the sets available. The mini liquid lipsticks I would recommend if you are new to Kylie Cosmetics and not sure what shade of liquid lipstick you want and just want to play around. I know she has done other mini collections in the past so if you want a mini collection I would recommend you keep and eye out in the future as I doubt this will be her last one.
The mini set I can't really give my full opinion on as how it arrived I didn't receive it all and it arrived damaged. Don't let this put you off I have bought other things from Kylie Cosmetics before and they have always been fine. I do think though that Kylie should really look into having distributors in other countries. As I would buy a lot more of her products if I didn't have to pay custom charges every single time and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Did anyone else manage to get there hands on any of Kylie's Valentines Collection? If so what did you get?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig