Sunday 5 February 2017

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette





Price: £39 
Available at Debenhams

The Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette I have wanted for the longest time! As soon as I got it I decided to share my thoughts with you all. Too Faced as a brand to me, well I just love how quirky they are from a lot of other brands. They think outside the box and put a lot of effort into there products which you can just tell by looking at the packaging. The better than sex mascara is my favourite mascara at the moment and there are so many more items of there's I would love to try. I also cannot wait till the Too Faced x Kat Von D range comes to Debenhams. 


First of all I want to talk about the packaging. I mean the box it comes in looks like chocolate bar packaging and is super cute. You really cannot deny a lot of thought has gone in to it. On the back of the packaging you can see the lines that would be for the foil wrap that would be covering the chocolate. You can also see the shadows and the names and a list of ingredients. When you get the actual the palette itself, its shaped as a chocolate bar. It's a decent size and isn't a bad size for travelling. It has a magnetic close on the palette which I really like. Inside it had a decent mirror so if you are on the go it doesn't warp your face or distort it. I also love that it has the name of the shadows above the actual shadows itself, I just think that is handy. You also receive a little how to guide for some looks using the shadows.


These shadows are made with cocoa powder and for those of you who don't know, these shadows actually smell of chocolate. The smell of this palette is just amazing! It's not super strong which I'm glad and the smell doesn't hang around when you have applied the product to your eyes. 

Now lets talk about the actual shadows themselves. From first impressions the colours look beautiful, they are the sort of colours I wear and I can see a few looks I could create with these. The shadows that really appealed to me are Marzipan, Salted Caramel, Cherry Cordial, Amaretto and Candied Violet. I did a swatch of all the colours before I tested some of them out on a eye look and they all felt smooth and creamy. You can see how my swatches turned out just below:

(Left to Right: Triple Fudge, Black Forest Truffle, Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, Gilded Ganache)
(Left to Right: Amaretto, Candied Violet, Strawberry Bon Bon, Semi-Sweet, Marzipan, Salted Caramel)
(Left to Right: Champagne Truffle, Cherry Cordial, Haute Chocolate, Crème Brulee, Hazelnut)

As you can see some of the swatches are more pigmented than others. White Chocolate and Strawberry Bon Bon were the ones that didn't seem to have much pigment but they may work different on the eye and to be honest, I really doubt I will use Strawberry Bon Bon. It is just a colour I would never wear and it is my least favourite colour from the palette.
The image above is what I created using the shadows. The shades I used were, White Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Marzipan, Semi-Sweet, Cherry Cordial and Crème Brulee. I found the matte shades blended beautifully and with such ease. The only one I had a issue with was white chocolate due to the lack of pigment but that could also be down to me being as pale as a ghost. The shimmer shades I had a little bit of trouble at first but I decided to use a some mac fix+ to give them a bit of a boost and they performed a bit better after that. Personally I prefer the matte shadows as they were to easy to blend and are such beautiful colours. 

Would you recommend this product?

I would recommend this especially for the matte shades and for the smell. If you interested more in the shimmer shades then I suggest having some mac fix+ on hand. Or if you just looking for something different or a collector of make up I feel then you should have this. This palette is on the pricey side but I believe there are dupes of it out there. Too Faced also have a different range of these chocolate palettes now and a peach palette, so if the shades in this palette are not for you then maybe looking at the others or the peach palette. 

If there are any products you would like me to test out and review please let me know.

You can find more Too Faced products at Debenhams.







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE DESIGNED BY pipdig